Monday, April 4, 2016

Three Years of Captioning

Three years ago I submitted my first contest caption. You can blame cartoonist Danny Shanahan, who started a short-lived caption contest back then, and publicity about the late Roger Ebert, who frequently entered the New Yorker's contest and complained about it. Today I continue to vie unsuccessfully for recognition in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest, but I've made some inroads elsewhere, notably in the Moment magazine contest. For a while I was doing quite well in Columbia Surgery's contest with cartoons by Benjamin Schwartz, but that one seems to have ended as suddenly as it began. Here is the last Columbia Surgery contest cartoon, which concluded with a win for me on January 8.




Note:  As a blogger, I not only enter these contests but I blog about them. See my complete three-year history of cartoon caption contest entries and find out just how easy I am to beat.

The blog's archive has a lot more about Benjamin Schwartz too.

01825

No comments:

Post a Comment