Saturday, February 7, 2015

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #461

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #461 for February 2, 2015. The drawing is by Joe Dator.

"Technically, it isn't a window seat."

These other captions never took wing either:
"Weren't you told no carry-ons?"
"First class or economy?"

"There will be fourteen layovers."
"We can upgrade you to a Sopwith Camel."
"I'd recommend the flight insurance."
"As per your request, smoking is permitted on this flight."
"Let's just say your pilot has the Wright stuff."


February 9, 2015 Update:  The Finalists



March 2, 2015 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  In last week's contest, Tom Toro gave us four parrots holding a meeting. My caption was for the birds. See the unrepeatable results of Contest #460.

Believe it or not, my caption is actually an improvement over what happened the last time Joe Dator was featured in the Caption Contest. I didn't manage even to submit my entry then.

01419

No comments:

Post a Comment