Saturday, February 18, 2012

From a Blogger's Birthday Wish List

Sometime's it's fun to wish for what you can't have, isn't it? (Yes, I'm referring to this illustration art. What did you think I wanted for my birthday?)


Ronald William Fordham Searle (b.1920) 
Happy Birthday to You 
signed and dated 'Ronald Searle/1994' (lower left) pencil, pen and black ink, watercolour and coloured crayon, unframed 
18 x 12¾in. (45.7 x 32.5cm.) 

Price Realized

    £1,528
  • ($2,123)
  • Sales totals are hammer price plus buyer’s premium and do not reflect costs, financing fees or application of buyer’s or seller’s credits.
Estimate
    £1,000 - £1,500
  • ($1,390 - $2,085)

Sale Information

Sale 9131 Lot 211
BRITISH & CONTINENTAL WATERCOLOURS,DRAWINGS & ILLUSTRATIONS 
14 June 2001
London, South Kensington


Note: I know, I know. It's been four long days since my last Searle post for Valentine's Day.


240

2 comments:

  1. Now that is grand! (...and a belated Happy Birthday to you Doc!) Alas I have recently been forced to give way to my wife regarding my delightful Searle drawing and so the dear St Trinians gal will be appearing in auction later this year. Mortgage deficits just aren't fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that, Professor, but I suppose there's no point in holding on to a valuable drawing while your finances are imploding.

    ReplyDelete