Tuesday, April 2, 2024

The CartoonStock Cartoon Caption Contest No. 178

In the CartoonStock Caption Contest #178, Count Dracula gazes into a tailor's mirror. The rules of the monthly cash prize contest have not changed (and neither has my description of them): five dollars buys up to three entries. Real cash prizes are $500 for first place and $100 for each of five runners up. As of this writing, I've put $115 into the first twenty-three pay-to-play contests and this twenty-fourth challenge brings my total cash outlay up to $120. Having achieved two previous runner-up entries, I've collected $200 from CartoonStock, so I'm still playing with the house's money, thank goodness. In fact, so few contestants enter that the odds are generally favorable even for us less-gifted caption writers. My three entries are shown below. The cartoonist is Seth Fleishman.

"Better yet, how does it feel?"
"Why not try a selfie?"
"Perhaps you need some time to reflect."




April 14, 2024 Update:  The Winner




                                   Video added April 7, 2024
The Caption Contest Judges Deliberate


Lawrence Wood
chose my "time to reflect" caption (11:39) for his top ten list, but it wasn't one he chose to defend. He writes:

Bob Mankoff chose my selfie caption but then said he didn't like it very much (12:55). Thanks, Bob. Wood didn't consider it worth mentioning.



04610

No comments:

Post a Comment