Tuesday, February 6, 2024

The CartoonStock Cartoon Caption Contest No. 176

In the CartoonStock Caption Contest #176, the apes have the stage. The rules of the monthly cash prize contest have not changed: five dollars buys up to three entries. Real cash prizes are $500 for first place and $100 for each of five runners up. As of this writing, I've put $105 into the first twenty-one pay-to-play contests and this twenty-second one brings my total cash outlay up to $110. After two previous runner-up entries, I've collected $200, so I'm still ahead of the game. In fact, so few contestants enter that the odds are generally favorable even to us less-gifted caption writers. My three entries are shown below. The cartoonist is Jack Reilly.
"I liked Shakespeare in the Park before the takeover."
"For this we gave them all those typewriters?"
"And that's how you get kids to love the classics."







February 17, 2024 Update:  The Winner



The Caption Contest Judges Deliberate
Video added February 10, 2024




04577

No comments:

Post a Comment