Tuesday, February 7, 2023

The CartoonStock Caption Contest #163

Hulk smash . . . the CartoonStock Caption Contest #163. Let's go over how this new monthly cash prize contest works: $5 buys up to three entries and no more. Real cash prizes are $500 for first place and $100 for each of five runners up. As of this writing, I've spent $40 over the first eight contests and I managed to win $200, making it my most successful investment of the past year. So here goes another $5. I've done well in part because so few people enter. My three new entries are shown below. The full-color drawing of the Hulk at home is by Christopher Weyant.

"Our home repair bills are up another 400 percent."
"He may be puny, but Bruce is better in bed."
"That Mrs. Von Doom snubbed me again. It would be a shame if her Bentley got smashed."




February 20, 2023 Update:  The Winner

"I don't know why I even bother to talk politics with you." 
—Christopher Weyant, original caption




In other news, not one of my captions was selected by any of the four judges:

Caption Contest Deliberations




04223

No comments:

Post a Comment