Monday, May 30, 2022

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #804

Here's the lowdown on my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #804 from the issue of May 30, 2022. My pet-friendly caption is shown below. The drawing is by P. C. Vey.

"Also, I think it's time to rebalance your portfolio."




These captions couldn't stand on their own two feet:
"What pyramid scheme?"
"Now that we have your attention..."
"Is it too much to ask for some attention?"
"May we join you?"
"We grovel at your feet."
"They've elected me spokesman."
"At the time, it seemed like a good idea."
"May I offer you some support?"




June 11, 2022 Update:  The Finalists





June 18, 2022 Update:
  I voted for the caption from Saint John.



June 22, 2022 Update:
  The Winner 








03971

No comments:

Post a Comment