Tuesday, October 5, 2021

From Charles Addams, Aged 13

Remember the "Got Milk?" advertising campaign? Bernie Hogya, the creative director behind the famous ads, would have been thirteen years old in 1970 and it is in that year, I conjecture here for obvious reasons, that he reached out to New Yorker cartoonist Charles Addams. The Addams Family creator responded with a cartoon of his own thirteen-year-old self.


"For Bernie Hogya
from
Chas Addams
aged 13"

Charles Addams
RR Auction
March 12, 2014

Note:  Charles Addams was generous to his fans, sending many of them souvenir drawings, often from his office at The New Yorker. I am happy to receive photos or scans of such Addams sketches, particularly those that are a bit out of the ordinary.





03770

1 comment:

  1. Ummm. Yep. That was me. I wrote to Chas. Addams and asked for a sketch when I was 13. And that's what he sent back!

    Bernie Hogya

    ReplyDelete