Monday, July 19, 2021

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #763

I worked up quite an appetite over The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #763 from the issue of July 12 & 19, 2021. My caption, shown below, came to me in just a few minutes on the first day of the contest. The drawing is by Michael Maslin.

"You're getting low on grease."




August 1, 2021 Update:  The Finalists








August 8, 2021 Update:
  I voted with Wyckoff, going for the caption closest to my own, sort of. Sorry, Paul.



August 10, 2021 Update:  The Winner







03692

4 comments:

  1. You’ll be a finalist one of these weeks, Stephen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries. You should always vote for what you think is the best one. Sometimes when I can’t decide, I’ll vote for the one that has the funniest town name.

    ReplyDelete