Monday, August 19, 2019

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #673

I've thrown down my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #673 for the issue of August 19, 2019. The drawing is by Victoria Roberts.


"Why don't I just lower my rope ladder instead?"


These captions didn't comb out:
"I thought you liked it silky smooth."
"Every gym has a climbing rope."
"Are there any other athletes at home?"
"I asked for just one thing."
"I don't think this relationship is going anywhere."
"Then what more motivation do you need?"


August 26, 2019 Update:  The Finalists


September 2, 2019 Update:  I voted with Ann Arbor.


September 9, 2019 Update:
  The Winner




Note:  Last week cartoonist P. C. Vey got all medical on us. Here's the Rx for Contest #672.


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:


Victoria Roberts


Rapunzel


The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest


The Moment Magazine Cartoon Caption Contest

The Cartoon Collections Caption Contest



All the Above Cartoon Caption Contests and More

Attempted Bloggery's Bad-Hair Index

03010

No comments:

Post a Comment