Monday, August 12, 2019

My Entry in the New Yorker Caption Contest #672

E-prescribing has yet to come to the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #672 for the combined issue of August 5 and 12, 2019. The drawing is by P. C. Vey.
"I won't renew your warfarin. Do you know what that stuff is?"


These captions were medically unnecessary:
"This should take care of those pesky hallucinations."
"Take two of these and stop anthropomorphizing everyone."
"What's so funny about completing my medical training in Boca?"
"Well, it did wonders for MY self-image."
"Tomorrow you should feel like an ordinary rodent again."
"This will get your tail going."

"This will grow you some whiskers."



August 19, 2019 Update:  The Finalists



August 26, 2019 Update:
  I voted with New York, but I tip my hat to North Carolina as well.


September 2, 2019:  The Winner



Note:  Last time cartoonist David Borchart went prehistoric. My caption simply wasn't fit for a cave painting. Grab your spear and join the hunt for Contest #671.


Quick Links to the Attempted Bloggery Archives:


P. C. Vey


Doctors


The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest


The Moment Magazine Cartoon Caption Contest

The Cartoon Collections Caption Contest



All the Above Cartoon Caption Contests and More

Attempted Bloggery's Prehistoric Index

03005

No comments:

Post a Comment