Friday, June 24, 2016

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #526

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #526 for June 20, 2016. The drawing is by Will McPhail.

"What makes you think I'm a virgin?"



I thought these captions were less heavenly:
"Size still matters."
"Care for a round of ring toss?"


June 27, 2016 Update:  The Finalists




July 4, 2016 Update:  I forgot to vote, but I like the second caption.



July 18, 2016 Update:  Winning Caption




Note:  Last week John Klossner rightsized the pram. My caption was held back and will have to repeat Pre-K. Do a wheelie and see the outcome of Contest #525.

Will McPhail's work has not always been quite so angelic.

A look at my posts about size gags may convince you there's nothing new under the sun.

Yesterday, Michael Maslin's Ink Spill blog noted Attempted Bloggery's fifth anniversary!

01894

No comments:

Post a Comment