Sunday, June 16, 2013

For Your Dining Pleasure: Peter Arno New Yorker Cover Art

An unusual collection of Kodachromes has turned up on eBay with rare images of original New Yorker cover art from the 1950's. The seller says he has about thirty of these, of which nine have been listed and I don't believe any have been sold as yet at the hefty $24.99 asking price. This one is by Peter Arno.

Now usually I'm scrupulous in providing links to my source material including eBay sales, but I figure if this seller sees fit to deface his images of original New Yorker art with a watermark that reads--believe it or not--watermark, I've been released from any moral obligation to provide a link.

Peter Arno, Original Artwork for The New Yorker, June 5, 1954

Peter Arno, The New Yorker, June 5, 1954





Note:  I'm delighted as always to use this blog to publish examples of original New Yorker cover art. If you'd like to share an outstanding Peter Arno original here, for example, just send me the images and information.

0774

No comments:

Post a Comment