Sunday, July 8, 2012

Eldon Dedini's Warning Gong

It seems someone has overstayed his welcome on the gangway to Noah's Ark! This original cartoon art by Eldon Dedini was sold on eBay in May with the Buy It Now feature. It was published in The New Yorker in 1963.


Eldon Dedini, "You'd better go now, Fred. I think I heard the warning gong."
Original artwork for The New Yorker, October 26, 1963, p. 56

Eldon Dedini Original Artwork Winning Bid

Eldon Dedini Original Artwork Item Description

Eldon Dedini, "You'd better go now, Fred. I think I heard the warning gong."
The New Yorker,
 October 26, 1963, p. 56
 
Eldon Dedini, "You'd better go now, Fred. I think I heard the warning gong."
The New Yorker,
October 26, 1963, p. 56

Eldon Dedini, "You'd better go now, Fred. I think I heard the warning gong."
Original artwork for The New Yorker, October 26, 1963, p. 56

0393

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment about "No Tree Hill". Well, now that's quite a story. The original tree was not a native - and the local iwi (Maori tribes) have yet to agree which native should be planted. They are waiting to get the result of their land claims under the Treaty of Waitangi. The Council has been growing a bunch of different trees of different types at secret locations so that it is ready to pop the agreed type of tree up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There! I've learned something new and unexpected from your blog.

      Delete
    2. For anyone curious about this discussion, Carole's blog post is here: http://caroleschatter.blogspot.com/2012/06/john-logan-campbell.html

      Delete