Monday, March 12, 2012

From E. B. White to S. J. Perelman

This copy of E. B. White's The Points of My Compass is personally inscribed to Laura and Sid Perelman, a gift from the great stylist to the great humorist. At least one of White's Letters from the East I consider an extremely memorable essay.

The eBay seller has just reduced the price of this volume from $2,500 to $2,125. It's still a pretty penny.



E. B. White, The Points of My Compass, Inscribed to Laura and Sid (S. J.) Perelman on the Front Free Endpapaer


E. B. White, The Points of My Compass, Inscribed to Laura and Sid Perelman, Back Cover


E. B. White, The Points of My Compass, Inscribed to Laura and Sid Perelman, Spine of the Book





E. B. White, The Points of My Compass, Inscribed to Laura and Sid Perelman, eBay Listing




October 9, 2015 Update: The book is still available on eBay. The listing's photographs have been redone. The dust jacket has been replaced with one in better condition. The price has been lowered just a little to $2,000.








EBay Listing Recorded October 9, 2015


Six-hundred eighty-five views and no sale



0261

No comments:

Post a Comment