Thursday, June 16, 2016

Ronald Searle: Bloomsday

Ronald Searle's 1973 lithograph Bloomsday is Joycean in name only. It is an urban parable featuring an unruly horde of men in business suits fleeing madly at the appearance of a perfect rose over the business district. Searle wants us to remember how to appreciate nature, beauty, and simplicity, things that don't necessarily have a monetary value.

Ronald Searle
Bloomsday, 1973, edition of 99


In Blog Post 1400, I chose Bloomsday 2016 as the day I would endeavor to attain my goal of reaching 1,000,000 page views. It didn't happen. Instead I'm at about 769,000, which is more or less where I really expected to be by now. That's just fine with me. I suppose I could reset the million-view goal for a later date, but I no longer see the point. The blog is pretty much what I want it to be already, and whether I entice viewers here en masse through social media seems relatively unimportant. Put another way, it's time to stop and smell the roses.


Note:  Click the aqua link for more posts about Ronald Searle and then ask yourself how I don't have a million page views yet.

01886

No comments:

Post a Comment