Saturday, May 21, 2016

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #522

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #522 for May 16, 2016. The drawing is by Harry Bliss.
"Do you need a hand?"


I also tinkered with the following ideas in my caption laboratory:
"Could you change the size of my parts?"
"Someone from the electric company to see you."
"A Mrs. Shelley to see you."
"Igor resigned. I'm from the agency."
"Nightcap?"
"I've given the housekeeper the year off."
"I'd like my bonus early this year."



May 23, 2016 Update:  The Finalists



May 29, 2016 Update:  I voted for the third caption.


June 13, 2016 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week, Robert Leighton drew one enormous umbrella. My caption got blown inside out. See the precipitous outcome of Contest #521.

I think this Frankenstein drawing is one of the best Caption Contest cartoons I've seen. See my older posts about Harry Bliss.

Horror fans might like to see my classic posts about a cat named Frankenstein.

01862

2 comments: