Tuesday, September 17, 2024

The CartoonStock Cartoon Caption Contest No. 184

In the CartoonStock Caption Contest number 184, Goldilocks tries out a hot tub belonging to the three bears. Let's immerse ourselves.


The rules of the monthly cash prize contest have not changed (and neither has my description of them): Five dollars buys up to three entries. Real cash prizes are $500 for first place and $100 for each of five runners up. As of this writing, I've put $145 into the first twenty-nine pay-to-play contests and this thirtieth challenge brings my total cash outlay up to $150. Having achieved runner-up status with two previous entries, I've collected $200 from CartoonStock, so I'm still playing with the house's money, thank goodness. In fact, so few contestants enter that the odds may generally be considered favorable even for us less-gifted caption writers. My three entries are shown below, above the break. The cartoonist is Sarah Morisette.

"By comparison, you aced the porridge."
"The temperature's just right, but the jet placement is plain wrong."
"Now bring me three Piña Coladas."
* * *
"Stop standing around and fetch me a fourth tub."
"How does 'None of the above' sound?"




04748

No comments:

Post a Comment