Wednesday, October 11, 2023

OED Update: The State of Bloggery

Nothing to see here, folks. Bloggery is still not a word according to the Oxford English Dictionary, the authority on such things. 
OED.com search result accessed October 11, 2023

For the record, I did not mean broguery, but I'm still gratified it merits OED approval as a solid word. Bloggery's apparent neglect by those who toil over dictionaries is nothing especially remarkable. Many other non-words are out there with little to no chance of gaining approval from entrenched lexicographers, always a conservative group where new coinages are concerned. I've been repeating this term incessantly for twelve years now in my blog title, but chances are I could do it for another twelve without having the online dictionaries pay attention.




04468

No comments:

Post a Comment