Monday, June 19, 2023

My Entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #854

I tried to keep my head above water for The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #854 from the issue of June 19, 2023. My caption is shown below. The drawing is by Mike Twohy.

"I'm sticking it to the man. He thinks I'm working from home."




These captions didn't float:

"Jackson, why aren't you multitasking?"
"Carter, let's go over the meaning of executive retreat."
"Please have the courtesy not to splash during business hours."
"The conference room was standing room only and I'd rather stand here."
"We all need work that's more immersive."
"I need to finish before the cannonball competition."
"It's the only place to get a decent signal."
"It's certainly not much of a talent pool."
"I'll change once I get Wordle."





 

June 30, 2023 Update:  The Finalists






July 14, 2023 Update:
  I voted for the caption from New York.



July 22, 2023 Update:  The Winner









04355

No comments:

Post a Comment