Sunday, July 31, 2022

Joe Dator: The Art of Procrastination

Joe Dator's New Yorker cartoon from the issue of January 6, 2020 describes a dilemma familiar to those who work at home, and perhaps to everyone else too. The original art was sold on eBay January 9 for a reasonable But It Now price of $750. Prior to publication, shading must have been added digitally.

"I don't understand it—no matter how much I drink coffee, play
on my phone, refresh my email, look up things online, go to the
kitchen for snacks, message my friends,  scroll Twitter,
and play with the cats, I still can't get any writing done."

Joe Dator
Original art
The New Yorker, January 6, 2020, p. 39

Detail

Detail

Verso



Joe Dator
eBay listing ended January 9, 2022
Joe Dator
eBay item description





Ski spot by Filip Fröhlich and cartoon by Joe Dator



Note:  I've learned my lesson and did not use Joe Dator's title, Procrastinating Writer, for the title of my post.


Ski spot by Filip Fröhlich
Image added August 7, 2022








04032

No comments:

Post a Comment