Friday, March 5, 2021

Lou Myers at the ITC Center

Cartoonist Lou Myers (1915-2005) exhibited his work at the ITC Center in Manhattan from February 8 to April 1, 1982. During this time the cartoonist made weekly speaking appearances at the gallery. Some five years later he signed an exhibition poster for a fan. Linda Appleby recently contacted me and sent a photograph of the signed poster, which she was in the process of selling.

Signed exhibition poster
Lou Myers
Photo by Linda Appleby

She went on to sell the poster for $65, a decidedly fair price. She wrote, "Giving her a fabulous deal. I believe in good karma." That works for me. Here are some additional published images from the Myers exhibition:
Lou Myers at the ITC Center






Note:  My thanks go to Linda Appleby for introducing me to this exhibition poster.

I would be grateful to receive photos that may have been taken at the ITC center exhibition or reminiscences from anyone who  heard Lou Myers speak there. 


03555

No comments:

Post a Comment