Sunday, February 21, 2021

A Coffee Mug for Valentine's Day 2021

One of my Valentine's Day gifts this year is a cartoon mug, shown below with one of our cats slinking by behind it. On the side of the coffee mug is emblazoned a 2013 cartoon that I had never seen before from Rick London's website London's Times Cartoons. The idea is by London and the illustration is credited to Tom Kerr. 


I don't pretend to know what this cartoon should have to do with me, but apparently there's a popular conception that the cartoons that appear in a certain magazine are elitist and abstruse, requiring some sort of explication in order for the general public to be able to appreciate them. In the nearly ten years I've been writing this blog, which is often about New Yorker cartoons, it has been a very rare thing indeed for me to feel I had to explain any of them. But then, I don't feel the need to tell bedtime stories either.

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/36239971974889748/



Note:  This mug was purchased from CafePress.com. The cat is from a shelter.



03543

No comments:

Post a Comment