Monday, February 19, 2018

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #604

Hold still for my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #604 for February 12, 2018. The cave drawing is by Mick Stevens.

"Now give me a funny caption."


In the lingo of Walt Kelly, these were prehysterical:
"No one likes a critic."
"Now pretend you're charging at me."



February 26, 2018 Update:  The Finalists



March 5, 2018 Update:  I voted for the second caption.


March 12, 2018 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last time, cartoonist John Klossner took us to a top-tier restaurant. My caption was not even on the menu. Allow me to show you to your table in Contest #603.

You can see more of the primitive art of Mick Stevens here in the blog archives.

Attempted Bloggery supports net neutrality.

02365

No comments:

Post a Comment