Monday, September 25, 2017

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #585

I'm in the mood to help you, Dude, with my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #585 for September 25, 2017. The drawing is by Drew Dernavich.

"Only if you wish for toast."




These captions just didn't have the magic:
"I need an upgraded lamp more than
you need a third wish."
"But how could you wish for all this from Alibaba?"
"I made you the best breakfast ever and, yes,
it counts as a wish."
"Sorry, kid. Didn't anyone tell you to be
careful what appliance you rub?"
"No more wishes, kid. I'm into kitchen appliances now."
"No more wishes, kid. You rubbed me the wrong way."




October 2, 2017 Update: The Finalists




October 9, 2017 Update:  I voted for the third caption.


October 16, 2017 Update:  Winning Caption




Note:  Last week, cartoonist Tom Cheney let loose with the photocopier. My caption was redundant. See Contest #584, rinse, and repeat.

For more posts about Drew Dernavich, rub the lamp or click the link.

02316

No comments:

Post a Comment