Monday, July 24, 2017

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #577

Chow down my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #577 for July 24, 2017. The drawing is by David Borchart.

"Let's order in."



These captions were rejected by the Department of Health:
"Dinner's on me."
"Your kitchen or my kitchen?"
"What's a good pairing with pinot noir?"



July 31, 2017 Update:  The Finalists


August 14, 2017 Update:  I voted for the second caption.


August 21, 2017:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week cartoonist Joe Dator was all about the bees. My caption came down with the hives. Don't get stung by Contest #576.

Click the link to order up some fries and old blog posts about David Borchart.

02254

3 comments:

  1. It's been several months since the last time I commented on your blog and shared my caption. At the time, I was getting a little frustrated. Nevertheless, he persisted. And it's a good thing, because this is my winning caption! I was tempted to comment here earlier, but I decided to let all of the action play out first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, gboris! Persistence has indeed paid off! (Sorry I didn't vote for yours! Mea culpa!) So, no prize, just recognition and adulation?

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Don't worry about not voting for mine, it was tough competition. Correct, no prize. Supposedly they did that so they could relax the rules and more people could enter, though it doesn't look like they're getting more entries than in the past. FYI, I received an email from Colin on that Thursday when I became a finalist, but had to wait until they posted the results on the website at 1am Monday morning to find out I'd won.

      Delete