Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Matthew Diffee's Hand Drawn Joke Caption Contest

New Yorker cartoonist Matthew Diffee's brand new book is called Hand Drawn Jokes for Smart Attractive People. He promoted this book with a one-off caption contest. Here's my personal entry, with apologies to those of you who thought this was a high-class blog.


"No, I said take out the trash."


Hand Drawn Jokes for Smart Attractive People by Matthew Diffee

Matthew Diffee

Hand Drawn Jokes for Smart Attractive People by Matthew Diffee






An Evening at the Moth:  Matthew Diffee



June 5, 2015 Update:  It occurs to me that I didn't get my caption quite right. I should have said, "No, it's the trash I asked you to take out." It's still crude, but at least my intention is clear.

Note:  After you've ordered a copy or two, check out my earlier blog posts about Matt Diffee.

My entire two-year history of trying to figure out Caption Contests is right here for the browsing. No, I haven't found the skeleton key.

01531

No comments:

Post a Comment