Friday, December 26, 2014

The New Yorker Book of New York Cartoons with a Bob Mankoff Self-Portrait

In a copy of The New Yorker Book of New York Cartoons sold on eBay, cartoon editor Bob Mankoff has merged his signature with his self-portrait. The B in Bob forms a part of his right-facing profile. Bob Mankoff draws a lot of these self-caricatures, but I don't recall seeing one with this letter-play before.

The New Yorker Book of New York Cartoons, 2004. Cover illustration by Michael Witte.

Front free endpaper signed with self-portrait by Bob Mankoff


Back cover with "Miracles on 34th Street" by Roz Chast


EBay Listing Ended November 19, 2014

EBay Item Description
A single bid was placed in the final three seconds of the auction.



Note:  These days it seems Bob Mankoff has become a media star. Blog posts here count as media too.

I just love to peruse signed books with original drawings so I've posted a whole bunch of them here on the blog. Enjoy.

I said yesterday I wouldn't link to any more of my Christmas posts this year and I'm sticking to my guns.

01379

No comments:

Post a Comment