Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #404

Here is my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #404 for November 18, 2013. The cartoon is provided by Gahan Wilson. The caption is provided by me.

"Honey, do you think I'd make a good vampire hunter?"

For the record, this was my other caption idea:
"On second thought, let's not go to the theater tonight."





November 25, 2013 Update:  The Finalists



December 9, 2013 Update: Winning Caption



Note:  Speaking of assassinated Presidents, this week is the fiftieth anniversary of the shooting of President Kennedy and at times it seems to be all anyone on television is talking about. I have my one small contribution to the subject here.

My most recent unsuccessful entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest is rendered in iambic pentameter, but don't think that my poetic meter swayed the judges. See it here. I must not be trying hard enough.

Additional blog posts regarding cartoonist Gahan Wilson may be seen here.

Gahan Wilson's New Yorker work may be found in the Cartoon Bank here.

The documentary "Gahan Wilson:  Born Dead, Still Weird" by Steven-Charles Jaffe has its website here. The film is coming to Beverly Hills, California from November 22 to 28. Here are the gory details:

Gahan Wilson's informative 2009 radio interview on the Leonard Lopate Show can be heard here.

You'll find the latest news about Gahan Wilson on Ink Spill here.

There are also just a couple of illustrations by Gahan Wilson on The Pictorial Arts blog here but they're well worth a visit.

If you're anywhere near San Francisco tonight, the opening reception for the "Searle in America" exhibition will be held at the Cartoon Art Museum. I really do need to get myself a teleporter.




As if that weren't enough, "Catching Fire" opens this week. My reviews of the books in The Hunger Games series may be found here.

0955

No comments:

Post a Comment