Saturday, November 10, 2012

If I Ran the Seuss

In 2008, Swann Galleries offered a signed and inscribed copy of If I Ran the Zoo (1950) by Dr. Seuss. It contains a small but charming original drawing by the good doctor.

Dr. Seuss, in If I Ran the Zoo, 1950, copy inscribed
"For/Susan West!/with Best Wishes -- Dr. Seuss"

http://catalogue.swanngalleries.com/asp/fullCatalogue.asp?salelot=2139+++++222+&refno=++599559&saletype=


September 8, 2013 Update:  This item has now been resold on eBay. The price is slightly lower than the 2008 Swann price when you take into account the auction house buyer's premium and, to be strictly correct, inflation.

Dr. Seuss, in If I Ran the Zoo, 1950, copy inscribed, "For/Susan West!/with Best Wishes -- Dr. Seuss"

Dr. Seuss, If I Ran the Zoo, 1950, Front Cover

Dr. Seuss, in If I Ran the Zoo, 1950, copy inscribed, "For/Susan West!/with Best Wishes -- Dr. Seuss"

Dr. Seuss, If I Ran the Zoo, 1950, Front Endpaper
Dr. Seuss, If I Ran the Zoo, 1950, Back Cover



http://www.ebay.com/itm/DR-SEUSS-ZOO-BOOK-INSCRIBED-ORIGINAL-DRAWING-THEO-GEISEL-SIGNED-AUTOGRAPH-/261275587641?


EBay Bid History. The bid price more than doubled in the last 14 seconds of the auction when the final winning bid was placed by the original bidder.


Note:  More posts on this blog with original Dr. Seuss artwork can be found here.

0518

No comments:

Post a Comment